Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Engineering Program Investigation



College/University of interest: Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)

Why does this institution appeal to you?: MIT has always appealed to me as being a likely contender for the school that I will end up going to after high school. Seeing how MIT is such a prestigious school that has a huge focus on engineering, it is with no doubt that I can say that I would like to go to MIT.

Which engineering program is most interesting to you and why?: The Institute for Soldier Nanotechnologies (ISN) at MIT is the most interesting to me because nanotechnology fascinates me. The idea that someday we could have nanotechnology applied to things such as biological modifications, or curing disease by killing bacteria with nanobots, etc. is simply something that I would love to be involved in. Considering how likely it is that nanotechnology will be a big part of our future, people will be needed to work in that, and I want to be one of those people.

Which undergraduate engineering elective is most interesting? Describe the course and its appeal to you: The Chemical-Biological Engineering Laboratory course at MIT is the most interesting to me because of its focus on hands-on engineering of things on the chemical and biological level. This could involve things such as creating nanoscale electronics, altering an organisms DNA, looking at chemical reactions close up, and so on. I have always had a passion for engineering and science, so it seems only natural that I would love this sort of laboratory.

No comments:

Post a Comment